Management of absenteism
The objective of this program is to increase the work presence of our employees, as well as their level of commitment and performance.
When the causes of absenteeism arise from organizational policies and management practices specific to Services d’entretien d’édifices ALLIED (Québec) Inc., we are able to identify our strengths and risk factors. We can then act early to effectively counter absenteeism.
- A. The key factors for the committed presence at work from our employees.
- The rights of the employer.
Ex .: The right to benefit of regular work from our employees.
- The rights of the employee.
Ex .: The right to a personal life.
- B. Proven tools within our reach to prevent absenteeism.
- Meeting with the employees.
- The medical certificates requested, allow for better management of replacements. On the other hand, the medical certificate can help us determine if we should keep the employee.
- Prevention of work accidents through targeted training.
- Disciplinary measures.
- a. Absenteeism at fault:
- Unauthorized, without valid excuse and under false motives.
- The application of the principle of gradation of sanctions has a punitive and dissuasive purpose.
- Non disciplinary measures.
- b. Absenteeism not at fault:
- Absences for sickness or resulting from accidents at work.
- Situations beyond the control of the employee.
- The measures taken are exclusively administrative.
- C. Here are some of the methods we use to be proactive in managing absenteeism at work.
- Adjustments to our management practices to promote the presence at work, motivation and retention of our employees.
- Our interventions to prevent and resolve conflicts at work.
- The organization of work to stimulate commitment.
- Training to raise awareness and making our managers and employees more responsible of their presence at work.
- The importance and profitability of acting in a preventive manner and not only to straighten out a situation.
- The systematic replacement of absences.
- The replacement of long-term employees as a result of sickness or work accidents is done the same day as we are informed of the problem.
- The short-term replacement is done the same day by our employees working at other contracts, on-call employees and by offering certain employees to work overtime.
- The replacement for vacationing employees is organized well in advance.
Our managers have the training and the know how to keep our company efficient, in good health and above all, are chose by their employees.
In addition, we provide them with a reference framework and tools that enable them to identify the organizational factors related to absenteeism as well as possible solutions to prevent or rectify a problematic situation.